Choosing kitchen hardware can feel daunting. It is an important finishing touch, the jewelry of the space if you will; it can make a huge impact, or fall flat. Today I’m sharing my tips for how to choose the right hardware for your kitchen and how we picked our Rejuvenation pieces. Also sharing a shopping guide of our exact picks.
First things first, mix it up! I like to choose 3 different styles of hardware for a kitchen. In our case we did:
I think using more than one style hardware makes the space so much more interesting and custom. The way to do this is have a dominant style, a secondary style and an accent style. In our kitchen the knobs are the star, the handles were second most utilized, and the latches act as a sweet surprise and were used very sparingly. Keeping your hardware in the same finish will make sure it flows and feels cohesive.
Now, before you shop you need to decide what you want for your space and if you’re not sure I want you to head to your favorite inspo accounts online or to Pinterest and…
- Save all your kitchen hardware inspo faves into a folder.
- Go through those images and find the common theme.
- Eliminate the excess. Any inspo that feels like a fluke or a one off, remove; this step helps you fine tune selections.
- Make a list of the hardware styles you’re drawn to repeatedly; minimal handles, decorative latches, knobs etc.
- Go to your fave hardware retailer online and start sourcing. For us that’s Rejuvenation.
I realized very quickly, peeking through my inspo, I wanted knobs and latches but would also needed to incorporate handles because our panel ready appliances would require them. Finding handles that complimented the other two perfectly would be my challenge.
Once I went on to Rejuvenation’s website and selected multiple hardware options I liked, I screenshot them and added those images to my mood board in Canva. By placing the potential hardware options on my mood board it was easy to see which would best compliment my other finishes and selections. A soft and feminine handle was the ideal fit to compliment our simple latches and knobs. Seeing it all together made narrowing it down easy.
Important things to remember while choosing hardware:
- How large is the area on cabinetry where the hardware will live? Keep scale in mind.
- What other metals are being used in the space? Keep complimentary tones in mind.
- Are you someone how hates when your pant loop hooks to a drawer handle? Keep function in mind.
- When saving your hardware style inspo it’s a good idea to save some placement inspo! There are so many ways to place and install your hardware so make sure to pick what’s right for you.
Using these tips you can absolutely handle choosing kitchen hardware! Shop all of our Rejuvenation picks below shown below HERE
This post is not sponsored but does contain affiliate links. Hardware we used was generously gifted to us by our friends at Rejuvenation!